No Knead Bread

Mom gave me this recipe 20 years ago, I think it was.  I've made this using my former kitchenaid mixer, as well as my current bosch mixer and it turns out fabulous every time.

To begin:
dissolve 2 TBSP yeast in ½ cup warm water

heat the following (on stove or microwave- I use microwave):

1½ cups milk or water

¼ - ½ cup sugar or honey
½ cup butter or coconut oil
1½ teaspoons salt

Place 6 cups of white flour, or if you want wheat bread use 3 cups whole wheat flour and 3 cups white flour into your stand mixer bowl.  Add yeast and heated mixer, and start mixer on low (cover it up- or it could fly all over your kitchen).   While it's mixing add 2 eggs and incorporate them.  Then turn to high and mix until it's all mixed well.  If it's sticky, add ¼ cup flour and continue mixing.  If it's still sticky, and when it's humid here sometimes it is, I just add ¼ cups of flour and mix until it's smooth and elastic.

At this point I cover mine and put in the microwave (which I've recently used to heat up the milk mixture, so it's still warm) and let rise 15-50 minutes until double.

Take it out, stir it down (you can use the mixer if it's still in the mixer bowl, or take it out and smash/knead it down).  

This will make 2 loaves, 1 loaf and 12 rolls, or 24 rolls.  Divide dough in half and make into whichever of the previous you need. :)  Place in GREASED pans, cover and let rise until doubled.

For loaves: bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
For rolls: bake at 375° for 10-20 minutes until golden brown.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monterey House Candy (Leche Quemada - Burnt Milk Fudge)

Angelia Style "Chicken Fundido"

Higher Protein Lower Carb Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies