No Tahini Black Bean Hummus

I started making this a couple years ago (I guess it was), because I like black beans, I like hummus, I didn't have any tahini, and tahini costs too much for me to buy it.  I really like this recipe, and I sometimes add additional/different spices, or leave out some.  Depending on my mood. 

15 oz can black beans (drained and rinsed)
15 oz can chick peas (garbonzo beans) (drained and rinsed)
2 cloves of garlic (or somewhere thereabouts)
1-2 TBSP of olive oil
2 TBSP lemon or lime juice
2 tsp cumin
2-3 tsp cilantro (I *LOVE* cilantro, you should adjust according to your likes)
1 tsp or so of sea salt
1 tsp or so of ground chipotle pepper

Put it all in the food processor or blender, and blend til smooth.  That is all.  Don't take it to any parties if you don't want your friends requesting it every time there's a get together :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monterey House Candy (Leche Quemada - Burnt Milk Fudge)

Higher Protein Lower Carb Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Angelia Style "Chicken Fundido"