Red Velvet Crepes with Raspberry & Sweet Cream Cheese Filling
Red Velvet Crepes with Raspberry and Sweet Cream Cheese Filling
I found this recipe, basically, here Tidy Mom's Blog. I changed a couple of things, and decided it sounds like a fabulous breakfast for Valentine's Day! Dball thinks it would also be good for dinner tonight, or any time really. :)
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- pinch salt
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- dash of vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- red food color
- extra butter to cook with
- Raspberry Preserves
- Sweet Cream Cheese Filling
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/ 2 cup ricotta
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Sweet Cream Cheese Filling
- Combine 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk, milk, water, salt, sugar, vanilla food color, and melted butter in a blender and pulse until foamy.
- Add flour and cocoa powder and pulse until smooth. Let the batter sit for an hour.
- Prepare Cream Cheese Filling by mixing all filling ingredients with mixer until well combined and smooth, set aside.
- After batter sits for one hour, heat a small non-stick pan. Add butter to coat. Pour 1 ounce of batter into the center of the pan and swirl to spread evenly. Cook until the top loses its gloss, which should only take a minute, then flip. The bottom should be golden. Cook the other side for about 15 seconds and then slide out onto a plate.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Prepare crepes by spreading a one inch wide strip of raspberry preserves down center of crepe, then top with cream cheese filling.
- Fold each side of crepe over filling and plate.
- Melt Chocolate in microwave for about 30 seconds and drizzle over crepes.