Red White & Blue Whoopie Pies :)

Red White & Blue Whoopie Pies

1 vanilla cake mix
1 c. rice krispy cereal
½ c. melted butter
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Buttercream Frosting (I made homemade, you can use canned or whatever)

Preheat your oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combing all the first 5 ingredients until mixed in. It's kind of crumbly. Carefully stir in m&m's. Roll or smush into 1 inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Make sure they are at least 2 inches apart to allow some spreading while baking. Bake for 9-10 minutes or until set. Cool for a minute on the pan, then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling. After the cookies have cooled completely, take 2 cookies and fill with frosting.

***So I made them! They're pretty small for whoopie pies, but horribly rich so you couldn't stand it if they were any bigger. I used red & blue mini M&M's, and homemade butter-cream frosting (dyed blue, for July 4th). They are FABULOUS but make me SO SICK I'm hoping someone else finishes eating them because I keep making myself so sick on them :(.

My recipe for butter-cream frosting:

½ cup butter (softened to room temperature)
4½ cups powdered sugar
1½ tsp vanilla
¼ cup milk

Put butter in mixing bowl and whip until fluffy... add vanilla and 2 cups of powdered sugar. Keep whipping. Add milk, whip some more, add rest of the powdered sugar and continue whipping. If it isn't soft enough for your needs, add 1 tsp milk at a time until it is. :) I colored mine with "spider-man blue" gel food coloring.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Monterey House Candy (Leche Quemada - Burnt Milk Fudge)

Angelia Style "Chicken Fundido"

Higher Protein Lower Carb Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies