Revised *CrAzY* Crock-pot Lasagna

I really did used to make this several years ago.  But the last time I attempted it,it was really salty.  We're having it for dinner again tonight, and of course I felt obligated to switch it up a bit.  It's "crazy" because I used egg noodles instead of lasagna noodles.  I just like them better.  I'm writing down what I did here, and then I'll just report back if it was any good or not. I'm optimistic!

CrAzY Crock-pot Lasagna

1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 small diced onion
1 TBSP minced garlic
1 26 1/2  oz can spaghetti sauce
1 28 oz can petite diced tomatoes
1/2 cup water
2 layers of egg noodles
2 eggs
16 oz carton ricotta or cottage cheese (we use cottage cheese- Bryson prefers it)
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
spices to taste


Earlier this morning I browned the ground beef with the chopped onion and minced garlic.  Obviously you may do that when you're fixing to start assembling it, ahead of time, whatever suits you.  If it wasn't ground round, be sure to drain it.

Mix the cottage or ricotta cheese with 1 1/2 cups of the mozzarella and the 2 eggs.  I also add oregano here, but I LURVE me some oregano- I have a huge jar of it from Sam's Club.  

Mix the diced tomatoes with the spaghetti sauce and the 1/2 cup of water.  Now you're ready to start layering!

I use crock-pot liners- I love them.  So I lined my pot, then sprayed the inside with olive oil.  I don't like when stuff sticks!  Then I covered the bottom with a layer of raw (unboiled) egg noodles.  On top of that I put half of the meat mixture.  Then a little more than a third of the sauce.  And a little more then half the cottage cheese mixture. I also hit it with some Parmesan here as well.

Next another layer of egg noodles, the rest of the meat, another third of the sauce, and the rest of the cottage cheese mixture.  hit it with another light layer of Parmesan for good measure.

I finished up with the rest of the sauce, and the half a cup of reserved mozzarella cheese.  I put it on high at 4pm, and I'm hoping it's done in an hour or two.

*** After 1 hour on high, the noodles appear to be cooked through!  Now it's ready to eat when Bryson gets home from work =) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monterey House Candy (Leche Quemada - Burnt Milk Fudge)

Higher Protein Lower Carb Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Angelia Style "Chicken Fundido"