"Mama'sTaco Casserole" (not *my* Mama's, but apparently someone's)

I saw this recipe at Southern Plate... and I'm a little leery to try it.  It is Taco/Movie Night here, so I *could* technically try it tonight... Only the BBQ sauce makes it sound awful to me?? I'm a little scared to try it mostly, but I'm posting it here in case I get to thinking I might can handle it after all....

Mama’s Taco Casserole

  • 1/4 C Margarine
  • 1 pkg taco seasoning
  • 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
  • 15 ounce can refried beans
  • 1/4 Cup water
  • 1/2 Cup BBQ Sauce
  • 1/2 Cup Milk
  • 2 Cups instant mashed potato flakes
Melt margarine in saucepan. Add milk and 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning mix. Remove from heat and stir in potato flakes. Press mixture into bottom and slightly up the sides of an 8×8 inch baking dish. In skillet, place ground beef, re-fried beans, bbq sauce, water, and remaining taco mix. Cook and stir until bubbly. Turn into prepared crust. Bake uncovered at 350 for thirty to thirty five minutes.
Serve with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, sour cream – whatever cranks yer tractor.

My heavens it sounds awful to me still, just reading over it.  I'm going to really have to think about this for the next hour or two. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monterey House Candy (Leche Quemada - Burnt Milk Fudge)

Higher Protein Lower Carb Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Angelia Style "Chicken Fundido"