Macaroni Casserole

1 lb ground beef
1-2 cups elbow macaroni noodles
1 can crushed or diced tomatoes
1 can or jar of spaghetti sauce or tomato sauce
1 small can mushrooms or 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
1 small chopped onion
crushed garlic if you have it
1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup cheddar cheese (or mozzarella, or whatever you have)

Brown hamburger meat w/onions, salt, pepper and garlic until brown. Drain the fat off, add dry macaroni noodles and all the other ingredients. Put it in a casserole dish, cover and bake at 350° for 45 mins - 1 hr 15 mins (until it's hot and bubbly and the noodles are cooked/soft). I usually uncover it after about 30-40 mins and add more cheese to the top. =) I can't remember adding extra water, but several people have mentioned cooking the noodles first- but I'm certain I don't do that. I'm making it tonight and will see if I need to add a cup or 2 of water for the noodles to absorb....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monterey House Candy (Leche Quemada - Burnt Milk Fudge)

Higher Protein Lower Carb Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Angelia Style "Chicken Fundido"