Crockpot Green Enchilada Chili?

It's not freezing here, but I am cold. And it's damp if not out right raining. The high today is 50-something, but I'm not optimistic I'll warm up. So here's what I'm doing for dinner tonight. It's technically "movie night" at our house. We've gone from pizza-movie night, to taco-movie night. Since D doesn't eat any real food anyway, I'm thinking B and I will not be upset that we're having this instead of traditional tacos. =)
Crock-pot Green Enchilada Chili Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds chicken
1 1/2 cups Las Palmas green enchilada sauce
(or a large can)
2 (14.5 oz) cans chopped or diced tomatoes
4 cups pinto or kidney beans (or mixture of both)

1 onion, diced (or 1 tablespoon dried, minced onion flakes)
1 TBSP garlic
1 teaspoon cumin

1 teaspoon cilantro
1/2 teaspoons chipotle powder


Directions:
Pour enchilada sauce and canned tomatoes into the bottom of a 6 quart (or larger) crock-pot. Add beans, onion and spices. Stir to combine. Place chicken on top.

Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours, or until flavors have combined. When the chicken is cooked through and tender, you might need to pull it out and tear it into bite-sized pieces (depending on what kind of chicken you started with). Or you could shred it- which is my FAV- but B doesn't like it that way.

I'm planning to serve with flour tortillas, shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream. I'll try to remember to take pictures and update the recipe!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monterey House Candy (Leche Quemada - Burnt Milk Fudge)

Higher Protein Lower Carb Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Angelia Style "Chicken Fundido"