Baked Tilapia


Found some frozen tilapia filets in my freezer, and I'm thinking we need to eat them. I was leaning toward parmesan fish, but hubby doesn't particularly care for parmesan at all.

tilapia filets (I'm using 4 that were frozen)
2 cups rice (I used brown rice- I had to cook it ahead of time)

chopped or sliced carrots
broccoli florets
cauliflower florets
sliced onion
(or those bags of mixed veggies in the freezer aisle at the grocery....)

1 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp olive oil
Lousianne Cajun Seasoning (or whatever you like best)


Inside a casserole dish place a 24" or so piece of aluminum foil. You might want to spray the foil, like with spray olive or canola oil, or pam or whatever you normally use). Put rice on the bottom inside the foil. Then place steamed mixed vegetables on top, and drizzle with olive oil and minced garlic. Next lay the fish filets down, and drizzle fish on both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with cajun seasoning (or whatever spice you choose). Close up aluminum foil into a sealed packet. I was thinking mayo instead of olive oil might be nice too, but my hubs doesn't like mayonaise. So I went with the olive oil. I also added lemon pepper,garlic salt and a TBSP of butter to the rice when I cooked it.

Bake in oven at 375°F for 30-40 minutes or on grill at low temp for 20 minutes (until fish is white/flakey/cooked all the way through). I'm excited to try it!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Monterey House Candy (Leche Quemada - Burnt Milk Fudge)

Higher Protein Lower Carb Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Angelia Style "Chicken Fundido"