B's Chocolate Chip Cookies (and Pan Cookie Conversion)


So AceBall spent a few years tweaking his chocolate chip cookie recipe, until he felt it was "the perfect cookie". I can't complain- I eat 'em hot, I eat 'em cold (the day after is THE BEST!) and pretty much any time of the day or night. I have been using the tollhouse pan cookie recipe straight off their site, but it always tastes too salty for some reason!? So I decided to use B's recipe and and see if it was any better. It was! Here it is, the ingredients are the same whether making traditional or pan cookies, just the baking instructions change a little so after you get it all mixed up you have to decide which kind you want ;o).

Ingredients:
2 ¼  c. flour
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. butter
1 c. brown sugar
½ c. sugar
2 c. chocolate chips

B creams together butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla in the Bosch (note the extra vanilla- we kind of love it here, so we use extra in most recipes!). Then mix in dry ingredients (flour, salt, soda) until it's all well blended. B doesn't bother to mix dry ingredients separately- and truthfully I never do either. Add the chocolate chips last- we've been using 60% cocoa ghiardelli chips from Sam's Club- they're FABULOUS. But they're "dark"- so if you don't like bitter sweet or slightly stronger than semi-sweet- you may of course use milk chocolate (ugh- I think I just threw up in the back of my throat at the thought of it). But I digress.

For traditional cookies, bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes. We like our cookies soft here- we are not fans of Chip's Ahoy. For pan cookies spread it in the pan, bake at 325° for 10 minutes, then 350° for 13 minutes. B reckons you could just bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or so, but we didn't try that way. He baked them first for 10 minutes at 325°, then another 10 minutes at 350°. They weren't done yet so he added another 3 minutes.

Then let 'em cool a bit and cut those bad boys up! They're so good I can't hardly stand it- and nearly put myself into a diabetic coma tonight eating them. I had TWO WHOLE COOKIES- and for someone with a gastric bypass, even with the 1/2 c of splenda- it's so NOT a good thing. But they sure are tasty.....

One of my best girlfriends in the whole wide world (KATIE) has a fabulous chocolate chip cookie recipe as well- I have it written down in my Better Homes & Gardens cookbook on a scrap of paper. I'll have to post hers as well in a bit....
Happiness on a Cheri Blum plate.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monterey House Candy (Leche Quemada - Burnt Milk Fudge)

Higher Protein Lower Carb Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Angelia Style "Chicken Fundido"