Spicey Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas....


While I was unpacking and doing laundry from vacation today I was thinking how fabulous the cool weather is, and how tasty some chicken enchiladas would be! I have a recipe I normally use, but decided to change it up a bit. Here's what I did:

1 whole chicken or 6 chicken breasts
2 c cream-of-chicken soup (or 1 can I guess if you use canned?)
1 c green enchilada sauce (I used medium, couldn't find hot!)
1-1.5 c. light sour cream
2 TBSP La Sabrozita "Home Style Salsa" Tomatillo
2 TBSP Luzianne Cajun Seasoning (I use the green carton)
about 12 small flour tortillas
small can black olives
8-16 oz colby jack or cheddar cheese

I place the chicken in a pan and sprinkle with cajun seasoning and cover with water. Bring it to a boil, reduce heat and cook until chicken is done/falling apart. Remove the chicken from the pot to cool but save the water you cooked it in. When chicken is cool enough shred it or break it up.

To make cream-of-chicken soup I put 2 TBSP butter or margarine in skillet on medium and let it melt. Add 1-2 TBSP flour and stir until smooth. Turn heat to high, and when bubbling add 1 c of chicken cooking liquid and 1 c. milk. Stir until well mixed and thickened. Turn to low. Add sour cream, green enchilada sauce, La Sabrozita, green chilis and black olives. Stir until smooth.

Add about half a cup of this sauce to the bottom of your casserole dish. Put each flour tortilla into sauce one at a time, then remove from sauce and place in the casserole dish. Sprinkle cheese down the middle of the tortilla. Add chicken over the cheese, then roll tight and place in casserole seam side down. Repeat until you've used all the tortillas and chicken. Finally dump the remaining sauce over the top of all the tortillas.
Bake uncovered at 375° f for about 30 minutes (until it starts to bubble). Then add a cup or two of cheese, turn off the oven, and put the cheese-covered casserole back in the over for 7-15 minutes until the cheese melts.

**** The La Sabrozita is a bit spicey.... you may want to taste it before you dump it in your sauce. I really love it, and Bryson thinks it's pretty tasty if I don't add too much. In my pictures I forgot to mix it in the sauce, so I just sprinkled it over the enchiladas when they were rolled before I put it in the oven to bake. For some reason I cannot remove the aforementioned pictures from my disk for some reason, but I will get them off of it and post them when I can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monterey House Candy (Leche Quemada - Burnt Milk Fudge)

Angelia Style "Chicken Fundido"

Higher Protein Lower Carb Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies