EASY CROCK POT LASAGNA

UPDATE: Alright, we tried this for dinner last night (06/09/09). It seemed a little salty at first, but I think that may have been from my over-dose of mozzarella cheese. :o) Other than that, I thought it wasn't tomato-y enough. Next time I will add a can of diced tomatoes, or fresh ones if I have them on hand. But AceBall enjoyed it, and I thought it was fairly decent as well. I've heard others who LOVE it, but I need to mention here that Italian is not my favorite style of food. I love Mexican, and Italian often makes me ill. At least the tomato-based dishes do, and ABall doesn't like non-tomato-based Italian dishes as a rule.

Dinner one night next week!

Ingredients:

1 pound chuck or
1/2 pound chuck + 1/2 pound ground turkey
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 28 oz jar spaghetti sauce (your favorite)
1/3 cup water
8 lasagna noodles
1 4 1/2 oz can mushrooms
1 15 oz carton ricotta or cottage cheese (we use cottage cheese- Bryson prefers it)
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Brown meat and seasoning, drain.
Mix spaghetti sauce and water. Place 4 uncooked noodles in lightly greased crockpot.
Layer with beef mixture, sauce and mushrooms. Spread evenly with ricotta cheese and sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella. Layer with remaining noodles, meat, sauce mixture, mushrooms and mozzarella cheese.
Cover, cook on high 1 hour. Reduce heat and cook on low 5 hrs. Yield: 4 servings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monterey House Candy (Leche Quemada - Burnt Milk Fudge)

Higher Protein Lower Carb Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Angelia Style "Chicken Fundido"