Icing for "flooding" cookies!

It works so fabulously I'm tempted to ice everything in the house =). Here's the recipe I used to ice the sugar cookies made from the recipe below. The cookies are amazing by themselves- I'm so glad I went with that recipe.

1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 teaspoons milk
2 teaspoons light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
assorted food coloring


In a small bowl, stir together confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Beat in corn syrup and almond extract until icing is smooth and glossy. If icing is too thick, add more corn syrup.
Divide into separate bowls, and add food colorings to each to desired intensity.

Dip cookies, paint them with a brush, or I put mine in ziplock bags, cut the corner tip off, and "flooded" them. I had to use thinner icing for the bottom (white) layer to"flood" them. The icing gets hard and glossy, so you can stack them on top of each other and they don't mess up the design.
I mixed a second batch to do the blue, and made it thicker so I could draw lines w/it. I also used "edible glitter" (the white flakes, they came from Hobby Lobby) and sugar pearls from walmart.
It took me a long time to decorate them, but I may just be inefficient due to inexperience. Maybe you get faster after a while?! Not sure on that one, but here's a couple pictures- I just LOVE them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monterey House Candy (Leche Quemada - Burnt Milk Fudge)

Higher Protein Lower Carb Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Angelia Style "Chicken Fundido"