D's Birthday "Cake" in sections

I didn't frost the sides, because it was so rich I was afraid everyone might be ill!


So for DBall's birthday for the last couple years I've made a "brownie" cake. Just combined two packages of brownie mix and cooked it in a jellyroll pan, frosted it and lit it up at the appropriate time. This year we decided it would be yummy to try chocolate chip cookie on the bottom, and brownie on the top. So I've made the jelly-roll pan sized (11x16? I think!) brownie and got it freezing. Since I'm going to have to invert it onto the pan cookie base, I figured freezing it would help keep it from crumbling.
I had lots of (welcome) help

For the pan cookie base, I liked nestle's tollhouse pan cookie recipe. But we decided we needed double chocolate chip- with white chips. Then when we were at the grocery picking up the chips, the Birthday Boy decided he needed swirled chocolate/white chips. So I found a recipe for double chocolate chip cookies, and just used it and put it in the pan like bar cookies. Here's the recipe:
He measured stuff too, but this was a cuter picture!

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup baking cocoa
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
  • 2/3 cup SPLENDA (I substituted this here)
  • 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 12oz package swirled chocolate & white choclate chips

Directions:
PREHEAT oven to 350ยบ F.

Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine
flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in medium bowl, and gradually beat into butter mixture. Stir in chips. Spread into prepared cookie sheet.

Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until cookie is puffed and center is set but still soft.

Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Bottom Layer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monterey House Candy (Leche Quemada - Burnt Milk Fudge)

Higher Protein Lower Carb Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Angelia Style "Chicken Fundido"